Monday, November 8, 2010

Chaos Space Marines, 2000 pts

While it is in the post below, I'll go ahead and throw up my latest and greatest in terms of my 2,000 pt build for the Venom Guard Chaos Space Marines (with some tasty pictures too, oh my!)

It's seen one game thusfar, hopefully will be increasing the amount of tabletop time I have so we'll see how the record progresses.

HQ

Kharn the Betrayer
-165 pts

Troops

Khorne Berzerkers x10
Skull Champ w/PF
Personal Icon
Rhino
- 290 pts

Khorne Berzerkers x9
Skull Champ w/PF
Personal Icon
Rhino
- 269 pts

Plague Marines x 7
Plasma gun x2
Personal Icon
- 196 pts

Chaos Space Marines x10
Icon of Chaos Glory
Meltagun x2
Asp. champ w/PFist
Rhino
-255 pts

Fast Attack

Raptors x6
Chaos Glory
Melta x2

Raptors x6
Chaos Glory
Melta x2

Heavy Support

Obliterators x3
- 225 pts

Defiler
Extra CCW instead of TL-HF
- 150 pts

Defiler
- 150 pts

Total: 2000

General Plan
The idea is to go balls to the walls assaulting with all three rhinos, moving up flanked by the defilers for support. Head towards the objectives, while leaving the plague marines covering the home objective/camping a claimed objective.

Oblits cover the plague marines from *ideally* an elevated position, nuking anything that gets close enough to be a threat as well as pew pew shit as it advances.

Raptors are armour hunters, deepstrike in w/e needed, ideally pop the transport then kill anything inside.

So yes...there it be.

As I said, it worked out fairly well today.

I still want to experiment around with a noise marine squad loaded up with sonic blasters or Thousand Sons instead of the plague marines, but mine still aren't completely painted and I'm one of those chotch-bags that plays with a fully ready army (it looks more intimidating, I don't know).

I'm also still flirting with the idea of lesser daemons as some quick ways to deal with stragglers (packs of 5 to deal with 1-2 marines that I don't want to waste a squad attacking) or something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment